Saturday, June 18, 2011

Safety for the children...

Recently I participated in a BzzCampaign for Trend Micro, specifically the Online Guardian.  Unlike most campaigns that I participated in, this one was geared much more towards peace of mind than it was playing with products.  With 3 children in the house, 2 of which get online sometimes, having a product that could allow for their protection as well as a possibility of monitoring their activities seems like a good idea.

 The program allows for differing levels of monitoring.  I can let the 11 year old only access certain site, while the 15 year old not only can have a much wider range of access, but I can monitor his interactions on certain sites if I choose to.  This is a piece of mind that follows the old power adage "I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it."
  Setup is quick and simple, and you can use the code BZZ20 to get 20% off of the product.  They also offer a free trial, and I am a big believer in trying things before I buy them, because word of mouth can only go so far.  If your children are constantly online, discuss internet safety with them.  If they are "never" online, still discuss internet safety with them.  A tool like this is just that, a tool.  Providing for options and knowledge will go a long way to help your children in their daily browsing.
If you have children of internet browsing age then this is definitely a product worth looking into.  If you don't but have friends who do, let them know.  You can't buy piece of mind.  You can, on the other hand, buy this product!



I'm a BzzAgent.  I received a product sample, coupon, collateral or other special premium from BzzAgent.  The opinions expressed within this post are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of BzzAgent or trend Micro, although they should!!

No comments:

Post a Comment