Friday, February 4, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger

So I just saw the poster for Captain America: The First Avenger.  Love it?  Hate it?  Both?  Well, I have a love/hate relationship with it, but not for the reasons that may seem obvious.  The composition of the poster is solid.  Somber, gritty, war torn, and blue.  Wait, blue?  Yeah, blue.  I have a problem with the portrayal of colors as being reflective of how you should feel about a certain film.

  I admit that I don't have photoshop or anything like that, so with just a couple of tweaks from a program I came up with something a little cleaner and more representative of what I would like to see.  First, the original (courtesy of Ain't It Cool News):
And now what I fooled around with:
  Captain America has always been a vibrant symbol of patriotism in times of peace and war.  His shield shows that he fights to DEFEND the rights of everyone, and as a symbol he is a powerful one.  So why on earth would they think that reducing the visual pop of the colors by bluing the hell out of the poster would be just what people want?  No, give me my red, white and blue over maroon, grey, and blue any day of the week.
Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment